search 2013 adfgs

Posts Tagged gallery

The mega formula project, image 1

There are a bunch of images already made. I’ll be posting them one at a time instead of inside galleries. This one is called “Bolla”. As usual, click on the image to see it larger.

Bolla

Bolla

 

Related Images:

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Mandalas Gallery 01

Sorry for the long time without any posts but this is not a daily job, is it? OK, enough rantings.

As I said in the previous post I tried the Mandala Project or something. I opened all my UPRs one by one (well not all yet) and applied a kaleidoscope transformation on each layer to create the mandala-like images. Some images work better than others, some images don’t work at all, some give birth to a lot of new images and so on.

For the creation process, I didn’t change any of the original image’s fractal parameters, I just applied the kaleidoscope on the layers and that was it. In very few cases, I did some extra zooming when I thought I could find something more interesting a little deeper, but this wasn’t the case with all images. Of course, lots of panning work was a must to find good images, but there are some images that are just the original image with the transformation without any panning, applied to the image with its original coordinates. Also, I made the “mandalas” in the same order as I made the original images, I started with my very first (saved) image, and went on from there. I’m not sure where I am at this point now (I have about 50 images already made), but I think I’ve tried at least a whole year of images or maybe half a year of UPRs. And this is… still 2002? I think so.

For me, it’s a bit easier to spot the original image that was transformed, but sometimes there aren’t much hints and the new image is a bit different, although it still can be recognizable maybe from its colour scheme. Some “mandalas” kept some parts (or visual characteristics) of the original images a bit intact, like mandelbrot shapes, etc. etc. and this was done on purpose sometimes.

This project is something I’m doing just for fun, while I don’t have enough new images to be added to new fractal galleries.

Here are the first gallery, with 15 images (I guess 16 will look better… maybe I’ll change that):

As some people with some a good attention span might have noticed, the watermark now shows “www.mundofractal.com”. I could grab this domain name and now you can use both the .net or the .com extensions. Hopefully Google won’t get pissed at me for redirecting a domain to this URL.

Related Images:

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Fractal Gallery 37

Descriptions on the images will be added later. It has way more images than planned, it will be fixed soon. Also there are some huge images this time. Whatever. One of these images has a cheating, I had to fix its contrast in Photoshop.

Related Images:

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

A new gallery is coming soon.

It’s been a while, but new images will appear soon. I won’t be restrained to galleries and X images per gallery. I will be posting images and galleries as I want.

Related Images:

Tags: , , , , ,

Fractal Gallery 36

Again it’s mostly the old-school images. Most of them where done with the Orgform formula collection, some were done with the fract_ml (I guess) collection which is a collection of formulas used in images submitted to the Fractint mailing list from what I could get.

I refused to try any enhancements on them using UltraFractal this time (but it doesn’t mean I won’t rework some of these images), and I’ve used UF just to render them in bigger sizes and to make them smoother because of the colour number limitations of Fractint, as usual.

There are some images that just don’t work, or it’s because of a certain parameter used in Fractint isn’t available in UF (like the “one” and some others like “cosxx”, usually replacing them with “cos” works) or because some of Fractint’s native colouring methods don’t work that well in UF (like the epsiloncross, and sometimes just replacing the outside/inside with the UF equivalent doesn’t work). Sometimes it’s just a matter of a small tweak, sometimes it doesn’t work at all no matter what you do.

Some images are entirely different when rendered in UF and are missing most of its main”theme” parts when they really don’t work, so I’ve decided to render these that can’t be fixed at all using Fractint. They had to be rendered in GIF, 256 colours, using disk render and 1600 x 1200 resolutions and later converted to JPEG. Unfortunately, if the original image had some imperfections like bandings, these can’t be fixed, but I guess most of them look fine as they are. Some of these imperfections even make them look more authentic and “vintage”.

I’ve named them using sort of a template, something like “OF-XX” where “OF” means “Orgform” and XX is the number of the image, or “OS-XX”, “OS” meaning “old school”. In specific images, I’ve used the “regular” naming, if they were really asking for a name. But as they are mostly abstract images, the template method works.

Enough talking, here we go:

PS. I didn’t edit the tags and details of these images yet, will do that later.

Related Images:

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Mundo Fractal is Stephen Fry proof thanks to caching by WP Super Cache